Welcome to Midnight Ink

Communications is a field that is quite necessary in today's busy world. As people connect and merge across vast seas with the simple click of a mouse, we find the need to learn communications skills evermore pressing. This blog is designed with the intent and purpose to educate, in a fun and relaxed way. Ink your quill and stay awhile!

Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

In The Raw


Two months ago, I bought a book written by Michelle Bernard titled, Raising Cats Naturally. With the advent of pet food recalls and incurable diseases, I decided to do some research about pet food and what I was feeding my animals. Bernard teaches you how to "re-engineer a mouse" with a few recipes, photos, and testimonials. I have to say she did her research too.

Here is a picture of Peanut with her first mouse. I was floored when she actually ate it.

Think about it. Cats don't cook in the wild. They are obligate carnivores, meaning they have no stomach (literally) for grains or vegetables. Sure they munch on grass, but that is usually to clear something from their very short digestion tract that did not settle well. It's not because they love their veggies.

My two cats are 10 years old this year, their coats are shiny, soft like satin, and they are so energetic, I should have bought stock in pet toys rather than pet food companies. They now have "prey night" which is...they meander outdoors to catch a mouse and eat it when I fail to give them their midnight snack.

If you are interested in going raw, contact me for useful websites, recipes, and comments about the transition period. If you would like to know what is really in your commercial catfood, I have videos that will make you vomit. Cats don't have diabetes, cancers, IBD, or urinary tract infections in the wild. If they do, its a rare case, and probably because they scavenged pet food from somewhere.

Once I went raw, I never looked back. And I save about $45.00 per month on cat food by making it myself. I'll even mention the little need I have for vaccinations and vet bills. They are healthy, naturally, as nature intended.

1 comment: